Thursday, March 16, 2006

Early Bird I Pod Morons

I'm no technological genius, but I knew enough that when the first I Pod came out and all the chachi preppy suburbanite kids wanted to buy this white brick that stored 5 songs for $300, it would be wise to wait just a bit. For memory has a tendency to drop rather quickly. And if I just waited 5 years I could get a phone/memory stick/MP3/WMV/nuclear missile launcher/lightsaber/player for 30 cents as the price of memory came down.

Well, the light saber option hasn't been added yet, so I broke down and dropped $30 on my first I-Pod clone. Holds 40 songs. The merits of being patient and frugal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you're behind on your daily babe responsibilities. babes or charts, get your freakin priorities straight.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if he would have bought an iPod 5 years ago he'd have a babe! Nobody wants a guy with a $30 iPod knock off.

Frank said...

iPods tend to be better than the rip off ones - they tend to be much easier to use with less bugs. I got a mate who bought a JNC 20gig thing that cost less than a 4gig ipod mini at the time of purchase, but it's a buggy and slow piece of junk. Oh, and yeah - they can run linux too :) ipodlinux.org/Screenshots

I got one, but i wouldn't pay for one that's for sure - that's what a large accumulation of credit card points are for :)