Friday, May 23, 2008

I Officially Endorse Byerly's

I couldn't afford Byerlys when I was in college. High end, luxury grocery store chain. In any case I poke my head in there now as "Rooster Booster" is no longer being sold here and Byerly's has my second favorite power drink, AirForce.

And whilst in the checkout lane I see among People and Seventeen and all the other filth rags out there an issue of The Economist.

So now, unlike the regular grocery stores where I'm forced to sit behind some soccer mom and her 45 items in the 10 item or less lane and forced to read about Julia Roberts or Christina Aguilera or Britany Spears and who is divorcing who, I can look like a normal human being, feel no shame and look at The Economist.

Byerly's is now my primary grocery store. Seriously, it is. Because I'm willing to spend an extra 10% on groceries to have it send via the market mechanism the signal that a lot of men that would constitute an underserved market would pay extra to have the occasional WSJ, Economist, or heck, Sports Illustrated in the check out lane.

No comments: