Monday, June 23, 2008

Robert Shiller and Edward Fox; Separated at Birth???

So to make sure the book is all legal and nice I made sure I have permission to use everybody's data for the charts in the book (of which there is no less than 35 charts - how can you not want to buy that book? hmmmmmm....chaaaarts). On of the charts is the S&P 500 P/E ratio and Dr. Robert Shiller of Yale has a great database at his site.

Still, wanting to make sure I did everything correctly I called up the office, got his very nice and sweet assistant Carol to help me out, and boom, got permission.

But when I went to his site, the picture he has up reminded me of somebody who I couldn't put my finger on. Here's his picture;


It wasn't until last night when I was watching "The Guns of Navarone" did I remember who he reminded me of; Edward Fox from the sequel "Force 10 From Navarone."



Or perhaps they are one and the same! And it has been Edward Fox this entire time pulling of his most amazing acting yet as he poses as an Ivy League economist!

Oh, how would the markets react to that!?

1 comment:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

"Force 10 From Navarone"???

Your taste in movies, as far as Edward Fox goes, blows goats.

Try, oh, I don't know, "The Day Of The Jackal", or "The Battle Of Britain", but especially the first one, because he's a completley amoral SOB who's out to off a prominent anti-American figure of the 1960's.

I figured you haven't seen it, because you NEVER see any good movies.