Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pepe Le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn and East Indians

East Indians do not account for even a slight percentage of the population of Minnesota, yet they are here and they do exist. And the reason I know this is because a disproportionate amount of them attend my dance classes, for which I am certainly grateful.

However, in my dance classes I often use anecdotes or references to Looney Tunes, which they (among the Gen y generation) have no freaking clue what I'm talking about.

And this is a travesty.

How one can go throughout life without knowing who Pepe Le Pew is or Foghorn Leghorn is, is unacceptable. It's like going through life without eating ice cream.

Thus, for my East Indian and Gen Y students, as well as those looking for a bit of a pick me up in these harsh economics times, I present to you Foghorn Leghorn and Pepe Le Pew. Enjoy:

"PAY ATTENTION WHEN I'M TALKING TO YA BOY!!!"


Heh heh. I have been called Pepe many times by many femme fatales;

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you would be interested in the inspiration for Foghorn Leghorn:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039503/

If you don't want to wait for it on cable TV, you can download a lo-res version from archive.org.

Anonymous said...

"That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a pound of wet leather."

The all-time classic Warner Bros. line. Hmm, is there a current political figure that might apply to...?

Love it, Cap'n!

Robert D. Brown III said...

Rabbit of Seville is still the best Looney Tunes cartoon ever.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/42703/964406

Robert D. Brown III said...

I actually thought my father-in-law was the inspiration for Foghorn Leghorn. He's a great guy, but he talks just like him.

WB had some great ones.

"Somebody's been gettin' footyprints all over mah desert." - Yosemite Sam

"Someone stole the Illudium PU38 Explosive Space Modulator. I was going to blow up the Earth. It obstructs my view of Venus." -Marvin the Martian

"Ah say, there, boy, that ain't a papah airplane." _Foghorn Leghorn.