Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Flask Maintenance

Ever since I was in college I have owned a flask. The purposes are many, but frankly, I was a poor college student and wanted to not only have free booze, but be classy when I went to joints. Plus, whipping out a nice sterling flask always seemed to impress the girls (though, this is vital boys, you NEVER let them drink from the flask, you show it to them, you take a belt from it, and let them bask in your alpha-male glow).

However, if you reach the age of 35 your flask will start to become "smelly" from all the various sorts of booze you've put in it.

"How do you clean it?" you ask?

That's an outstanding question young aspiring economist.

Here's the answer.

You are now free to enjoy the decline.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I am sure it will work for a liquor flask. In english english the term flask, means what we call in Canada at least, a thermos which is an insulated container for holding (usually) hot drinks. I clicked on the link, and from looking at the picture I think the article is talking about a coffee thermos, not a liquor flask. I to have a liquor flask and although I am not much of a drinker, it does accompany me on deer/moose hunts. It helps keep tou warm when you spend hours freezing in a tree stand. To make a long story longer, I have never found a need to clean my liquor flask. I just top it up with whatever whiskey is at hand. - minuteman

Aynsley said...

I just rinse mine out with peroxide and then water, and leave it upside down to dry.

Banners Portland said...

Your blog is really amazing with all the bits and pieces of information I can share with my friends and followers. Thanks and more power!

Anonymous said...

Behold the power of the internet!

Anonymous said...

I'd have thought that a little dish washing powder in the flask with the first dose of boiling water would not go amiss.

Paul said...

Capn, you will love this, bank branches offering yoga classes.

http://blogs.smartmoney.com/advice/2012/03/13/banks-branch-into-yoga/

hdob said...

Any bottle can also be cleaned well by adding warm water, dish soap and a spoonful of uncooked rice. Use enough water so that is sloshes around well, maybe one third full. Close the cap and shake vigorously. If you get too much foam just pour out the foam and add more water. This scrubs all surfaces of the interior.